Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Kate's Latest Purchases + Royal Documentary + More

Hello Duchess Kate readers,
While William and Harry played polo on Saturday, Kate was spotted on the Kings Road shopping. A writer from Grazia happened to be browsing in the same shops and revealed the Duchess was wearing a pair of tight black sports trousers, a cream cropped cardigan over a white T - shirt, a pair of casual trainers and her favourite Mulberry polly push lock bag. Kate purchased two items in French Connection. (I recently read the brand was in financial difficulty, so perhaps 'The Kate Effect' will boost sales) 


Kate bought the Winter Silk Vest Top in iceberg blue. The top is currently on sale and available in a variety of colours from £27 to £49.




French Connection


Kate also reportedly bought the Tiffany Jeans in vintage wash (With many thanks to Ashley). The low rise, skinny fit jeans are $108. They have stitch detailing on the back pockets and have a faded wash. I think the jeans and top with a pair of ballet flats would look amazing on Kate, perfect casual look.


French Connection


Kate's protection officer was seen carrying an armful of bags from luxury British brand Jaeger. We mentioned the brand before as they designed the new uniforms for staff at Kensington Palace. Kate reportedly bought the Silk Printed Wrap Dress for £240. The elegant dress would be ideal for the upcoming garden party at Buckingham Palace, or perhaps Kate will save it for the tour?


Jaeger


Finally Kate popped into Anthropologie where she spent time browsing. Kate contemplated purchasing the £158 Ines Column Dress and the Luscious Langoustine Dinner Plate (not exactly the type of tableware one would see at Kensington but perhaps a fun item for a small dinner party at Anglesey :)) However Kate left empty handed. Possible future purchases in my opinion.

Anthropologie
************

We all know the Royal family are notoriously private but Katie Couric has managed to get a rare interview with Prince William and Prince Harry as part of the lead up to the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. In the preview William jokingly remarks: 'As I learned from growing up, you don't mess with your grandmother'. The interview also features an exclusive tour of Buckingham Palace. It airs on ABC, May 29th. You can watch the preview here.

ABC

While we're on the topic of videos. Did many of you see the ITV documentary 'William and Kate The First Year'. I thought it was a nice summary of the couple's first year together. If you wish to watch it, click on the links below :)


************

This weeks issue of Hello! Magazine is packed with Kate news and photos. Love the cover photo.

Hello! Magazine
************

For those of you who follow the blog via Facebook, I've had to set up a new page. For updates and general discussion on Kate please feel free to post and contribute on the Duchess Kate Blog Facebook Community :)




I have updated the 'Kate's Upcoming Dates' section on the sidebar, with a nice selection of events coming up. I'll be doing a post in more detail on them shortly.

22 comments:

  1. Thank you for the updates. The Jaeger dress is pretty. You do such a great job on updates about Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline Oak Hills, CA. USA15 May 2012 20:40

    Oh I am so excited to watch the interview with Prince William. He is to talked about the Queen and about his wedding. But I bet he does not talk about his beautiful Duchess. We know how protective he is of her. And I wonder if the Duchess was at the palace when the interview was going on.
    Will you guys in the UK get the interview?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd imagine the interview will be posted on youtube for everyone to see.

    Very excited to see it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so refreshing to see supportive comments at the end of this blog! So many times I read articles and there are hateful comments at the end! What a great forum, I just subscribed to your FB Duchess Kate Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Sabina :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so extremely happy that the blog is up and running again! I do so enjoy it and was terrible saddened when it was threatened to be shut down! Hooray for the Duchess Kate! I will always be a devoted follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore your updates! The U.S. media just doesn't detail us nearly enough. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww thank you for those lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG-I am SO SO SO excited you posted the first year special-I'll be watching that right after dinner tonight!!! And I cannot wait until the Katie Couric interview!

    So giddy....!!! Thank you! Silvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're most welcome Silvia, I'll be sure to post any other documentaries I see too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't like Jaeger dress, the Duchess could seem to be older that her real age in my opinion.. but in change I'm eager for you post regarding the future engagements! Have a nice day! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your blog is the best following Kate!! We don't have many news about the duchess in Spain.... You are doing a very good jod!

    Thanks for your updates!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Anthropologie dress. I wonder if she didn't buy it because i's very body conscious, and I doubt she could get Anthropologie to customise it.

    I wonder if she got to try on the Cullinan diamond jewellery before it went on display. I drool at the very thought!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh charlotte, thank you so much for showing the links to the ITV documentary! finally I can watch it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pauline Oak Hills, CA. USA16 May 2012 22:17

    I just read that on Friday all of royals from the other countries attending the luch will be wearing all their jewels that includes tiars. So we can only hope that the beautiful Duchess will be decked out in jewels and a tiar. I can't wait to see what dress she will be wearing and we all know she will be the one that everyone whats to talk to. But the duchess does not want to take anything away from the Queen. So will she wear a long gownor a short dress? And we know the Duchess' Prince will look outstanding in what he wears, maybe a uniform?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Charlotte Thank YOu so much for posting the 4 part series on their first year!:)) Cant wait for May 29th ABC documentary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you all for your lovely comments,

    Pauline I actually cannot find that tumblr but this one is great and is run by a lovely girl called Jasmine.
    http://royallykate.tumblr.com/

    Tomorrow will be very exciting, I'm expecting Kate will wear a knee length dress, no tiara I think, it's going to be momentous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pauline Oak Hills, CA USA18 May 2012 00:01

      Thank you for the website, I will check it out. Do you know if there is a time tomorrow for the lunch? I can't wait to see what the beautiful Duchess wears. I was hoping for the tiara but if you think not then we all will be disappointed. Do you think Camilla will where one? I hope not if the Duchess will not.
      No matter what the Duchess wears, she will rock it tomorrow.

      Delete
  18. Hello! I could have sworn I've been to this blog before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to
    me. Anyways, I'm definitely happy I found it and I'll
    be bookmarking and checking back often!
    Also see my web site: pall mall unfiltered cigarettes

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's an awesome piece of writing in support of all the online people; they will obtain benefit from it I am sure.
    Feel free to visit my web page :: buy Cheap cigarettes online

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi just happened upon your website via Google after I typed in, "Blogger: Duchess Kate" or perhaps
    something similar (can't quite remember exactly). In any case, I'm pleased I found it simply because your
    subject material is exactly what I'm looking for (writing a university paper) and I hope you don't mind if I gather some material from here and I will of
    course credit you as the source. Appreciate it.
    Stop by my site ... pure raspberry ketone

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome! Constructive discussion is always encouraged but off topic or hateful remarks will not be published. If you wish to share your name and where you're from without using the sign in options, simply select the "Name/URL" option on the drop down menu and insert your name, and if you wish the country/state you're from. You can leave the URL blank.